- Funder: The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Award: $2,000,000/year for 5 years
- Project Period: 9/30/2018 – 9/29/2023
- Targeted Areas: Morehouse, Terrebonne, Orleans, and East Baton Rouge Parishes
The purpose of the Promoting Integration of Primary and Behavioral Health Care (PIPBHC) Grant is to promote the integration of primary and behavioral health care services to improve the overall wellness and physical health status of adults with mental illness who have co-occurring physical health conditions or chronic diseases and individuals with a substance use disorder. The overall goal of the program is to provide a coordinate, comprehensive approach improve the overall wellness and status of adults with co-occurring mental illness and physical health conditions or chronic diseases, and individuals with a substance use disorder through improved health care delivery. The deliverables are to:
- Develop an integration team consisting of qualified community health programs, community health centers, family, youth, peers, and other consumer organizations to obtain guidance and feedback for quality improvement, sustainability, and scalability of increased access to health care services;
- Enhance integrated primary and behavioral health care services provided by four qualified community health programs (behavioral health centers) or community health centers (FQHCs);
- Provide integrated primary and behavioral health care services to adults with co-occurring mental illness and physical health conditions or individuals with a substance use disorder;
- Implement evidence-based practices/activities in four qualified community health programs or community health centers; and
- Develop policy changes as a result of coordinated, integrated care.
OBH has identified four provider organizations, designated as Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) or community mental health centers. Each provider organization has identified a partner provider organization, also designated as FQHCs or community mental health centers, to provide integrated services. Each provider organization has identified Evidence-Based Practice(s) (EBPs) to address physical and behavioral health conditions, including substance use disorder.
Contact: Darrell Montogomery, Darrell.Montgomery@LA.GOV