The Louisiana Department of Health is seeking proposals to expand the number of statewide Family Support Organization Providers to provide greater choice to families.
Currently, there is a single statewide Family Support Organization provider. The Louisiana Department of Health’s Office of Behavioral Health has issued a formal Request for Information to gauge the interest and capabilities of provider organizations or groups to provide the following:
- Direct peer-to-peer support to children/youth with significant emotional and behavioral health challenges enrolled in Coordinated System of Care and their family members and caregivers.
- Individual and group educational sessions for these families and youth.
Additionally, the organizations must have the ability to:
- Appropriately bill and document to support billing for parent and youth support services.
- Collect and report data.
- Provide professional development and coaching of the Family Support Organization parent and youth support staff.
- Participate in the Statewide Coordinating Council.
- Advance family/youth voice through the System of Care.
The full Request for Information can be found here.
Providers and organizations that are interested in submitting proposals should follow the process outlined in the Request for Information. For more information, contact:
Connie Goodson, LMSW
Office of Behavioral Health
225-342-5236 or 504-568-2568