The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to obtain competitive proposals from qualified managed care organizations (MCO) to provide high quality healthcare services statewide to Medicaid enrollees in the Louisiana Medicaid managed care program.
May 1, 2019
LDH received six responses to this RFP. Proposers include the following:
- Aetna Better Health of Louisiana
- AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana
- Community Care Health Plan of Louisiana dba Healthy Blue
- Louisiana Healthcare Connections
- UnitedHealthCare Community Plan
August 5, 2019
The Department has selected AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana, Community Care Health Plan of Louisiana (Healthy Blue), Humana Health Benefit Plan of Louisiana and United Healthcare Community Plan as its managed care partners (or health plans) beginning in January 2020.
Link to press release for additional information.