Requesting This Course
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at email@example.com.
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
Crisis Intervention is NOT psychotherapy; rather, it is a specialized acute emergency mental health intervention which requires specialized training. As physical first aid is to surgery, crisis intervention is to psychotherapy. Thus, crisis intervention is sometimes called “emotional first aid”. This program is designed to teach participants the fundamentals of, and a specific protocol for, individual crisis intervention.This course is designed for anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of individual (one-on-one) crisis intervention techniques in the fields of Business & Industry, Crisis Intervention, Disaster Response, Education, Emergency Services, Employee Assistance, Healthcare, Homeland Security, Mental Health, Military, Spiritual Care, and Traumatic Stress.
- Psychological crisis and psychological crisis intervention
- Resistance, resiliency, recovery continuum
- Critical incident stress management
- Evidence-based practice
- Basic crisis communication techniques
- Common psychological and behavioral crisis reactions
- Putative and empirically-derived mechanisms
- SAFER-Revised model
- Suicide intervention
- Risks of iatrogenic “harm”
Dates & Locations
|Dates||Location/Host||LDH Region||# of Students|
|July 29-30||New Orleans EMS||1||25|
|August 1-2||Jackson Parish EMS||8||20|
|August 12-13||Livingston Parish FD #4||2||20|
|August 14-15||MedExpress - Jennings||5||20|
|August 16-17||Vacherie-Gheens FD||3||20|
|August 30-31||Kenner EOC||1||47|
To register for one of the class dates listed above, contact the hosting agency. Clicking on the name of the host above will link directly to the location/host webpage of that agency.
Continuing Education Information
Two-Day Course: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.