CSHS Transition Resources for Youth and Families
Youth Health Transition (YHT) is the time to get ready for the move from pediatric to adult health care, work, and independence.
Youth with Special Health Care Needs may require additional assistance with locating appropriate adult health care providers, identifying job/education opportunties for after high-school, and exploring independent living options.
Check out the CSHS tools below - these tools are designed to help youth and their family get ready for adult health care and independence!
Youth Health Transition (YHT) Tools & ResourcesGetting Ready for Transition - Readiness Assessment
This Readiness Assessment is adapted from the GotTranstion tools and can help a teen identify what they may need to learn to get ready for taking charge of their health and preparing for adulthood.
My Transition Plan is a worksheet designed to help youth and their families create a personalized transition plan.
A website designed just for teens on transition, life-skills, and health promotion.
The national website on transition sponsored by the Maternal and Child Health Burea. Great information on youth health transition for teens, families, providers, and more.Regional Transition Resource Guides for Youth and their FamiliesRegional Transition Resource Guides for Youth and their Families
Regional Transition Resource Guides for Youth and their Families
- Region 1 (Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, and St. Bernard parishes)
- Region 2 (East/West Baton Rouge, East and West Feliciana, Pointe Coupe, Iberville, and Ascension parishes)
- Region 3 (St. Mary, Assumption, St. James, St. John, St. Charles, Terrebonne, and Lafourche parishes)
- Region 4 (Evangeline, Acadia, Vermillion, St. Landry, Lafayette, St. Martin, and Iberia parishes)
- Region 5 (Beauregard, Allen, Calcasieu, Jefferson Davis, and Cameron parishes)
- Region 6 (Winn, Grant, Vernon, Rapides, La Salle, Avoyelles, Catahoula, and Concordia parishes)
- Region 7 (Caddo, De Soto, Sabine, Bossier, Red River, Natchitoches, Webster, Claiborne, and Bienville parishes)
- Region 8 (Lincoln, Jackson, Union, Ouachita, Caldwell, Morehouse, Richland, Franklin, East/West Carroll, Madison, and Tensas parishes)
- Region 9 (St. Helena, Livingston, Tangipahoa, Washington, and St. Tammany parishes)