Baton Rouge Urolology Gro
Maintaining a strong core is extremely important because your core is where all of the movement in your body originates. Read more>>
Smoothies are a great option for a midday snack, a pre-or post-workout meal or an energizing breakfast. Read more>>
Increasing your daily protein intake without overdoing it on calories and carbohydrates can be a difficult task. Read more>>
Muscle building supplements guide. Read more>>
Precautions should always be taken to avoid injuries. Read more>
Tips for Healthy Living for Men
- Eat a variety of fruits, vegetables and whole grains every day.
- Limit foods and drinks high in calories, sugar, salt, fat and alcohol.
- Eat a balanced diet to help keep a healthy weight
When it comes to weight loss, there's no lack of fad diets promising fast results. But such diets limit your nutritional intake, can be unhealthy and tend to fail in the long run.
The key to achieving and maintaining a healthy weight isn't about short-term dietary changes. It's about a lifestyle that includes healthy eating, regular physical activity, and balancing the number of calories you consume with the number of calories your body uses. Staying in control of your weight contributes to good health now and as you age.
- Be active for at least 2½ hours a week. Include activities that raise your breathing and heart rates and that strengthen your muscles.
- Help kids and teens be active for at least 1 hour a day. Include activities that raise their breathing and heart rates and that strengthen their muscles and bones.
- Physical activity helps to:
- Maintain weight
- Reduce high blood pressure
- Reduce risk for type 2 diabetes, heart attack, stroke, and several forms of cancer
- Reduce arthritis pain and associated disability
- Reduce risk for osteoporosis and falls
- Reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety
Protect Yourself and Your Family:
- Wear helmets, seat belts, sunscreen, and insect repellent.
- Wash hands to stop the spread of germs.
- Avoid smoking and breathing other people’s (secondhand) smoke.
- Build safe and healthy relationships with family and friends.
- Be ready for emergencies. Gather emergency supplies. Make a plan. Be informed.
- Balance work, home and play.
- Get support from family and friends.
- Stay positive.
- Take time to relax.
- Get 7-9 hours of sleep each night. Make sure kids get more, based on their ages.
- Get help or counseling if needed.
Most Important: Get checkups:
- Ask your doctor or nurse how you can lower your risk for health problems.
- Find out what exams, tests and shots you need and when to get them.
- See your doctor or nurse for regular checkups and as often as directed. Get seen if you feel sick, have pain, notice changes or have problems with medicine.