Health Care Providers
The state, through the Department of Health, is more effectively managing Medicaid enrollees' health care through Healthy Louisiana.
Louisiana's Medicaid providers deliver a valuable service to the state's Medicaid recipients, and their continued input and participation are critical as the State works to create a care delivery system that leads to better health outcomes and more effectively coordinates services and treatment.
The program includes five managed care organizations (MCO) to improve recipient health outcomes, and add benefits for recipients. The Health Plans are:
- Aetna Better Health of Louisiana
- AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana, Inc.
- Healthy Blue
- Louisiana Healthcare Connections
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan
The Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) has contracted with the Center for Evidence-based Policy at Oregon Health & Science University to assist with updating the current framework and process for evaluating new and existing services. Click here for more details.
- Louisiana Medicaid Presents: Quality Public Forums
- Notification of Pregnancy Form (for best results open in IE)
- MCO Adverse Incident Reporting Form
Subscribe to Newsletter
Subscribe to the newsletter and have important information updates delivered to your inbox.