My Place Louisiana
The Money Follows the Person (MFP) Rebalancing Demonstration is a Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) grant designed to help states try new ways of delivering Medicaid services. In Louisiana the MFP Demonstration is called My Place Louisiana which helps people move from qualified institutions into home and community-based living settings and then follows those individuals for the first year of waiver services to help ensure a successful transition. My Place Louisiana Transition Coordinators work with support coordinator and provider agencies to provide assistance to ensure the health, safety and successful transition of people participating in waivers.
The Louisiana Medicaid Office is working with the Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities (OCDD) and the Office for Aging and Adult Services (OAAS) to implement My Place Louisiana, which is a 13-year (2008-2020) program focusing on Medicaid funding and following participants in transitioning from qualified institutions to home and community-based living settings.
OCDD My Place Louisiana Assistance
Individuals with developmental disabilities who are currently residing in an Intermediate Care Facility for the Developmentally Disabled (ICF/DD) or nursing facility (NF) who meet My Place Louisiana program eligibility requirements can receive My Place Louisiana assistance to transition from a qualified institution to a home and community-based living setting of the individual's choice.
Children with developmental disabilities who are currently residing in a nursing facility, hospital or rehabilitation hospital who have a developmental disability and who meet My Place Louisiana program eligibility requirements can receive My Place Louisiana assistance to transition from a qualified institution to a home and community-based living setting of the individual's or family's choice.
OCDD My Place Louisiana Eligibility Requirements
- Individuals must currently reside in a qualified institution [public or private intermediate care facilities for the developmentally disabled (ICFs/DD), hospital, rehabilitation hospital and/or nursing facility and have resided in the institution for at least 90 consecutive days;
- Be transitioning to the community;
- Be Medicaid eligible; and
- Be receiving an OCDD waiver offer such as a New Opportunities Waiver (NOW), Residential Options Waiver (ROW) or Children's Choice (CC) waiver.
OCDD My Place Louisiana Frequently Asked Questions
- My Place Louisiana Transition Assistance Program
- My Place Transition Information Booklet 2016
- Chuck's Story Case Study 2016
- Sara's Story Case Study 2016
OAAS My Place Louisiana Assistance
OAAS is able to offer the Community Choices Waiver (CCW), Adult Day Health Care Waiver (ADHC) and the Program of All Inclusive Care (PACE) (currently in Region 1, 2 and 4) to assist elders (65 and above) and physically disabled adults to transition out of nursing facilities into a home and community-based living setting of the person's choice. To learn more about the OAAS My Place Program, contact the OAAS helpline at 1-866-758-5035 or visit the OAAS website.