Quality Innovation Project Application
- This application is for Louisiana certified nursing homes who wish to compete for funding of up to $19,500 to carry out projects that will make their nursing home a better place to live, visit, or work.
- The project must be proposed for the period July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020.
- Please contact Emma.Looney@la.gov for more information.
To complete and submit the application:
The application consists of:
- The CMS Region IV CMP Application and
- The LDH Budget Detail Form.
- Click to download the CMS Region IV CMP Application.
- Complete the application as instructed.
- The application must be no more than twenty (20) pages including appendices.
- Save the completed application to your computer as a Word document.
- Complete the by downloading the document as a fillable PDF
- Email the completed CMS CMP Application Form and the LDH Contract Budget Detail Form to: Emma.Looney@la.gov
The extended deadline for the application is Thursday, January 31, 2019.
Variances from the CMS form:
The application form is provided by CMS Region IV. The CMS application form is intended for broader use than the Louisiana Nursing Home Quality Innovation Projects Program. It includes options and instructions that do not apply the Quality Innovation Projects Program. Therefore, we ask that you make special note of the following:
In the section titled "Project Category"...
The form lists several categories for which LDH will not consider requests or forward them to CMS for consideration. Requests will be considered only for:
- Direct Improvement to Quality of Care
- Resident or Family Councils
- Culture Change/ Quality of Life
- Provider Specified Other Purposes
In the section titled "Expected Outcomes, Results Measurement"...
The form includes instructions for multi-year projects. We will not consider multi-year projects at this time.
Application review process:
LDH will review the applications and send those considered acceptable for funding to CMS Region IV. Final approval is determined by CMS.