Water System Design, Operation and Maintenance Committee
To design the Louisiana approach, rules and regulations to design, operate and maintain our states approximately 1,400 water systems. Standards for water system design and water safety are key to protect. To keep up with changes in federal law, technology, engineering and public health practice, changes, updates and overhauls are necessary.
Our committee is comprised of public health, engineering and government experts from across the state and includes engineers, water system operators and administrators, local elected officials, consumer and environmental advocates, and public health leadership. The committee meets monthly until September 2014, at which time it will make a final proposal for the state's new standards. The Committee's membership is as follows:
- Dirk Barrios, for the Louisiana Public Water Suppliers, Southwest Section, American Water Works Association
- Mayor Vern Breland, for the Louisiana Municipal Association
- Ben Bridges, for the Louisiana Public Water Suppliers, Southwest Section, American Water Works Association
- Robert Brou, for the Louisiana Rural Water Association
- W. David Constant, PhD, PE, BCEE- for the Office of Public Health
- David Martin, P.E., for the Louisiana Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers
- Greg Gordon, for the Louisiana Police Jury Association
- Jimmy Guidry, M.D., for the Office of Public Health
- Jimmy Hagan, P.E., for the Louisiana Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers
- P.R. "Randy" Hollis, P.E., for the Louisiana Municipal Association
- Patrick Kerr, for the Louisiana Public Water Suppliers, National Association of Water Companies
- Amanda Laughlin, P.E., for the Office of Public Health
- Rick Nowlin, for the Louisiana Policy Jury Association
- William "Rusty" Reeves, for the Louisiana Rural Water Association
- Chris Richard, P.E., for the Louisiana Engineering Society
- Keith Shackelford, P.E., for the Louisiana Engineering Society
- Cheryl Slavant, for the Louisiana Environmental Action Network
- Joseph O. Young, PE for the National Association of Water Companies
- Water Works Standards Rule - Revised Comments - Report issued to the appropriate Legislative Committees
- Water Works Standards, Louisiana Register Vol 43 No. 11 - Notice of Intent (November 20, 2017)
- Recorded Webinar Forum - December 16, 2013
- Solicitation of Comments
Upcoming Committee Meetings
Bienville Building - Room 118, 628 N. 4th Street, Baton Rouge, LA
2017 Water Committee Meetings
- July 25, 1:30 p.m.
- August 29, 1:30 p.m.
- September 11, 2:00 p.m., Room 173
- October 11, 1:00 p.m., Room 173
2018 Water Committee Meetings
- January 8, 2018, 10:00 a.m.
- March 8, 2018, 9:00 a.m., Room 173
- Recommended Standards for Water Works (Great Lakes - Upper Mississippi River Board of State and Provincial Public Health and Environmental Managers)
- Meeting Resources and Archives
- ACT 292 by Senator Jack Donahue
- A Message from the Assistant Secretary of Public Health
If you have questions or concerns regarding the water system committee, click here.