OCDD Home and Community-Based Services Setting Transition Plan
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has issued regulations that define the settings in which it is permissible for states to pay for Medicaid home and community-based services (HCBS). The purpose of these regulations is to ensure that individuals receive Medicaid HCBS in settings that are integrated in and support full access to the greater community. The Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities (OCDD) has developed a transition plan to evaluate HCBS settings within the Children's Choice Waiver, Residential Options Waiver, Supports Waiver, and the New Opportunities Waiver to assure that the requirements of the rule are being met and to allow the public an opportunity to provide input on the transition plan.
Louisiana Statewide Transition
CMS has reviewed all States' Statewide Transition Plans and provided feedback to each state on specific issues requiring revision or clarification in the STP. Louisiana received the CMS feedback letter October 15, 2015 and addressed the CMS isues in the document titled "LA Response to CMS STP Feedback Letter 12-18-15". This feedback letter refers to Appendices which contain more detailed information and this is found in the link "Appendices for LA Response to CMS STP Feedback Letter 12-18-15". In addition, corresponding revisions were made 12-18-15 to STP ("Revised LA STP with Tracked Changes 12-18-15") and the Current Work Plan Master ("Current Louisiana STP Work Plan Master Updated 12-18-15"). These four documents were submitted to CMS December 18, 2015.
- Final- LA Statewide Transition Plan
- 2015 Quarter 2 Progress Tracking for Louisiana Transition Plan
- Current Louisiana Work Plan Master
- 2015 Quarter 3 Progress Tracking for LA Statewide Transition Plan
- Current LA Work Plan Master Updated October 2015
- LA Response to CMS STP Feedback Letter 12-18-15
- Appendices for LA Response to CMS STP Feedback Letter 12-18-15
- Revised LA STP with Tracked Changes 12-18-15
- Current LA STP Work Plan Master Updated 12-18-15
Louisiana submitted the final draft of Louisiana's Statewide Transition Plan to CMS on March 17, 2015. This plan is inclusive of Office of Behavioral Health, Office of Agining and Adult Services and the Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities.
Any comments regarding Louisiana'sStatewide Transition Plan must be received by April 30, 2015 and can be sent to : OCDDemail@example.com
OCDD Home and Community-Based Public Forums
OCDD will hold two public forums involving the impact of the Home and Community-Based Settings Final Rule and Transition Plan. To view details regarding these events, please click here.
OCDD Home and Community-Based Documents for Public Review and/or Input
Please provide any comments and/or input regarding Residential Options Waiver (ROW) by November 18, 2015 and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Draft: Transition Plan for OASS Community Choice (CCW) and Adult Day Healthcare (ADHC) waiver recipients into OCDD's Residential Options Waiver (ROW)
- Draft: Residential Options Waiver Amendment Application LA.005.01.03 (ROW) This is a draft copy of Louisiana's Application to amend its 1915(c) Home and Community-Based Services Residential Options Waiver. (Due to the size of the document, it is broken into 4 Parts)
- ROW Amendment Draft Part 1
- ROW Amendment Draft Part 2
- ROW Amendment Draft Part 3
- ROW Amendment Draft Part 4
Note: To ensure clarity - Please note that we have posted as separate document, the draft ROW transition implementation plan to facilitate the OASS CCW and ADHC transition individuals who have OCDD SOA's.
The Notice of Intent related to the creation of a reserved capacity group for individuals with a developmental disability and who have a SOA for the Office of Citizens with Developmental Disability Services and who currently are enrolled in either OASS' Community Choice or Adult Day Health Care Wavier and to add the AdHC sevice to the ROW has been published in the October 20, 2015 LA Register page 2228 and 2229 at http://www.doa.la.gov/Pages/osr/reg/regs2015.aspx
Any comments and/or input must be received by December 17, 2014 and may be sent to email@example.com.
Please note that the public comment period has been extended through February 27, 2015 for the Supports Waiver and March 12, 2015 for the Residential Options Waiver. (Comment period is now closed)
- DRAFT - OCDD Home and Community-Based Services Setting Transition Summary/Description
- DRAFT - OCDD Home and Community-Based Services Setting Transition Plan
- DRAFT - OCDD Supports Waiver Transition Plan
- DRAFT - Application for a 1915(c) Home and Community-Based Services Waiver (due to the size of the document, it is broken down into three parts).
DRAFT-Amendment to the Residential Options Waiver :Application for a 1915(c) Home and Community-Based Services Waiver (due to the size of the document,it is broken down into four parts)
OCDD Home and Community-Based Services Setting Provider Self-Assessment Tools
Any comments and/or input regarding either the Residential and/or Non-Residential provider self-assessment tools must be received by April 18, 2015 and sent to: OCDDfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Provider "Transition Plan" Final
- OCDD Home and Community-Based Services Setting Residential Provider Self-Assessment Tool Final
- OCDD Home and Community-Based Services Setting Non-Residenital Provider Self-Assessment Tool Final
- Draft- OCDD Home and Community-Based Services Setting Residential Provider Self-Assessment Tool
- Draft- OCDD Home and Community-Based Services Setting Non-Residential Provider Self-Assessment Tool
wEBINAR: bIG pICTURE:cOMING INTO COMPLIANCE WITH cMS SETTINGS RULE
- Recorded Webinar
- Agenda-June 15, 2015
- Employment Overview
- Path to Employment
- Big Picture Presentation
- Agenda July 13, 2015
- Agenda July 20, 2015
- Provider Self Assessement PPT July 20, 2015
Home and Community-Based Services Setting Transition Plans for other LDH offices.
- Office of Aging and Adult Services (OAAS) - http://new.dhh.louisiana.gov/index.cfm/page/2030
- Office of Behavioral Health (OBH) - http://new.dhh.louisiana.gov/index.cfm/page/1973
Information from the OCDD Home and Community-Based Meeting held Monday, November 17 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- PowerPoint Presentation - New Federal Rules for Home & Community-Based Services
Director of Program Design and Implementation
National Resource Center for Participant-Directed Services