Form 1095-B

Starting in January 2016 Medicaid and other health insurers must give a Form 1095-B to people who had minimum essential coverage (MEC).  We must also send a copy to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

Form 1095-B is a health insurance tax form.  It shows that you and/or your dependents had MEC.

You should keep this form in a safe place with other tax papers, in case the IRS asks for it.  We will also send a copy to the IRS.  If someone helps you file your taxes, be sure to give it to them.

Please call Medicaid at 1-877-252-2447, (M-F 6:30 a.m - 5:00 p.m.), if:

  • You think the information on the form is wrong
  • You did not get a form and you think you should have
  • You got a form, but need another copy

View Frequently Asked Questions on 1095-B