The Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities (OCDD) has begun a statewide System Transformation that aims to improve access to, quality of, cost-effectiveness of and efficiency of community services for persons with developmental disabilities utilizing state plan Medicaid, waiver, EarlySteps, and state general funds services. The efforts will also influence the access structures to public and private intermediate care facilities/developmental disabilities (ICF/DD).
Goal of OCDD System Transformation
- Serve more persons in home and community-based services (HCBS)
- Achieve cost effectiveness in HCBS versus institutional options
- Reduce institutional reliance in both private and public settings
- Provide access to appropriate services based upon need
- Increase utilization of natural and community supports versus paid supports
OCDD System Transformation Workgroups
- Increased Consumer Choice & Control Services
- Lifespan Planning
- Request for Services Registry
- Service Array/Services
- Single Point of Entry/No Wrong Door
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Support Utilization & Transformed System Design
- System Transformation Feasibility & Implementation Management
System Transformation Documents
OCDD Stakeholder Meetings
Please join the OCDD Assistant Secretary along with senior staff, to discuss system transformation efforts, steps in the system transformation process, along with the latest updates on stakeholder recommendations and actions.
OCDD would like to encourage your participation in our effort to collaboratively transform the system. Below is a schedule of upcoming and past OCDD stakeholder meetings, along with materials presented at each one.
Future meeting dates and times will be listed below.
April 28, 2015
Proposed Changes to Request for Services Registry
LDH Bienville Building
Conference Room 118
Click HERE for Announcement
Click HERE for Handouts
April 30, 2015
Managed Long Term Care Webinar- LGE Presentation
1:00 p. m. -3:30 p.m.
Click HEREfor Presentation
OCDD Stakeholder Feedback
OCDD would like to hear your concerns and answer your questions about the system transformation efforts underway. If you have any thoughts that you would like to share, please feel free to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also provide confidential feedback by completing this OCDD stakeholder survey.