Act 563 of the Louisiana Legislature designates the Louisiana Department of Health as the agency to provide resources, programs, and services for pregnant women who have a diagnosis of fetal genetic abnormality and resources, programs, and services for infants and children born with disabilities. These resources are available for requesting providers of women’s health care services and are maintained on this website through the links below.
Resources for pregnant women who have a diagnosis of fetal genetic abnormality:
- Has Your Baby been Diagnosed with a Genetic Disorder During Pregnancy?
- The Louisiana Genetics Program offers the following resources:
- Links to Genetics clinics that are a part of the Louisiana Genetics Counseling Program
- This brochure explains the Louisiana Genetic Counseling Program, including who can be seen
Resources for infants and children born with disabilities:
- Children’s Special Health Services (CSHS) ensures that children and youth who have special health care needs in Louisiana have access to health care services designed to minimize their disabilities and maximize their probabilities of enjoying independent and self-sufficient lives. The website contains:
- Resources for families
- Resources for health care providers
- EarlySteps provides services to families with infants and toddlers aged birth to three years (36 months) who have a medical condition likely to result in a developmental delay, or who have developmental delays.