Nursing Home Emergency Preparedness RuleNursing Home Emergency Preparedness
The Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) created the ESF-8 Portal as a gateway to a suite of applications which are used to gather Emergency Status information on facilities licensed by the Department.
THE "ESF-8 Portal" AND ITS APPLICATIONS ARE NOT TO BE USED TO REQUEST IMMEDIATE EMERGENCY SUPPORT OR ASSISTANCE! REQUEST FOR EMERGENCY RESOURCES SHOULD BE ROUTED THROUGH YOUR PLANNED CHANNELS STARTING WITH LOCAL EMERGENCY RESOURCES! ESF-8 Portal and its Applications are not continuously monitored.
All Nursing Homes are to enter, maintain and update the following ESF -8 Applications and provide information as required or as requested:
Security Management - To be kept current and updated as needed or as requested;
- The contact information entered in this application will be used to send communications related to emergency situations or ESF-8 functions and applications. The facility is required to keep the facility contacts current;
Mstat - To be kept current and updated as requested or as required;
- Statuses for Operation, Evacuation, Power, Fuel, and Utility - to be kept current;
- Census - The facilities census information shall be updated monthly (between 1st & 15th) and as requested;
- Generator(s) information - To be kept current and updated as needed or as requested;
- Transportation information - To be kept current and updated as needed or as requested;
- Evacuation Destination(s) information - To be kept current and updated as needed or as requested;
- Utility Providers information - To be kept current and updated as needed or as requested; and,
- Patient/Resident List information - To be entered as requested or submitted as requested.
The following information will be needed to complete your ESF-8 applications updates:
Emergency Contacts (persons in security management) - Names, Types/Positions, Phone and Email information;
Utility Providers- Name and account # for Electricity, Water, Natural Gas providers;
Evacuation Host Sites - Names, Addresses, Contact information, Agreement dates;
Emergency Transportation Providers- Names, Addresses, Contact information, Agreement dates;
Census Information - the current facility census, total number of residents including those on leave or at hospital, triaged by "Red, Yellow, Green" transportation needs;
Facility Generator(s) - Make/Model, Output in Kilowatts, Phase (single or three), Voltage, Burn Rate, Services supplied, Fuel type, Fuel Tank information;
Click here to access a User's Guide for the ESF-8 Portal and its Applications.
Click on the ESF-8 logo to go to the log in page.
Click here for general nursing home information such as census, operational status, contact information, and address.
- For information on specific facility enter all or part of a facility name or pick from "State ID/Name" then Left Click "Search".
- For information on facilities located in a defined area select a "Parish" or enter a "City" then Left Click "Search".
- For information on all facilities throughout the state- in the "Parish" and State ID/Name" fields select "--All--" then Left Click "Search"
- For more detailed information on a specific facility Left Click "Open" found to the Left of the facility's State ID. To return to "search page" Left Click "Back".
- Left Click "Clear" to search for another facility
- To export the displayed list to an "Excel" spreadsheet Left click "Export to Excel" icon then either "Open OR Save". the file.
General Information, Username & Password, Tech Support:
Malcolm Tietje: Phone: 225-342-2390; Fax: 225-342-5073; email@example.com
Mary Sept: Phone: 225-342-3240; Fax: 225-342-5073; firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources / Links:
Reoccupy / Return to Facility after Evacuation - Forms & Information: Requirements of All Three documents need to be met.
- La Dept. Health - Health Standards: Reoccupy / Reopen Requirements Memo (7-2016)
- LA Dept. Health - Office Public Health, Sanitarian Services Reopening Request Form
- Office Louisiana State Fire Marshal: Requirements for Return / Reoccupy Facility (9-2015)
Nursing Home Emergency Preparedness Rule - Revised 11/2016
2019 Emergency Preparedness Plan Survey - Print and Complete - Revised 12/19/2018
2019 Emergency Preparedness Plan Survey - Type IN then Print - Revised 12/19/2018
Louisiana Model Nursing Home Emergency Plan - GOHSEP Planning