Advisory Council on Heroin and Opioid Prevention and Education
The Council is an advisory board that will establish an Interagency Heroin and Opioid Coordination Plan, coordinate parish-level data on opioid overdoses and usage of overdose-reversal medication (Naloxone), and will coordinate a central online location to disseminate information and resources, including the Interagency Heroin and Opioid Coordination Plan.
Chair: Dr. James Hussey, Louisiana Department of Health
Co-chair: Matt Adams, Board of Regents
- Data and Surveillance – The purpose is to coordinate parish-level data, and to establish a central online location to disseminate information, resources and the Interagency Heroin and Opioid Coordination Plan.
- Coordination Plan – The purpose is to create an Interagency Heroin and Opioid Coordination Plan.
ResourcesThe Louisiana Opioid Surveillance Initiative (LOSI) through its signature component, the Louisiana Opioid Data & Surveillance System (LODSS) collects information from LDH and external organizations to analyze health data related to opioid use disorder. LODSS disseminates results through facts sheets, publications, training and educational materials, and the online data and surveillance system. The website for LODSS is www.lodss.ldh.la.gov.
- Meeting Minutes - 12/7/2017
- HOPE Advisory Council Meeting Minutes - 2/9/18 (Final)
- HOPE Advisory Council Meeting Minutes - 5/15/2018 (Final)
- HOPE Advisory Council Meeting Minutes- 8/10/2018 (Final)
Heroin and Opioid Crisis Interagency Coordination Survey Responses: http://ldh.la.gov/index.cfm/page/3034
- Act 88
- HOPE Meeting PowerPoint - 2/9/18
- HOPE Meeting PowerPoint - 5/15/2018
- HOPE Meeting PowerPoint - 8/10/2018
628 N. 4th Street, 4th Floor
Baton Rouge, LA 70802