Sudden Unexpected Infant Death Investigation Training
Thank you for your interest in the Louisiana Sudden Unexpected Infant Death Investigation training! This training is designed to provide the tools with which Louisiana death scene investigators and coroners can investigate and learn from each SUID death to improve the health and safety of Louisiana families and children.
- Explain the key elements of the SUID investigation process, including the roles and responsibilities of Louisiana death scene investigators and coroners
- Prove skills- building concepts which address process development and interview training
- Outline key concepts of infant health and growth
- Prepare investigators to accurately complete a SUID investigation according to CDC guidelines
Steps to becoming a certified SUID death scene investigator
- Submit an online registration application. Once you are approved you'll be given access to register for the training.
- Complete all training modules and score at least 80% on all quizzes
- Agree to attend the annual coroner’s training within 11 months of successfully completing the SUID Investigation Online Training Program
There is no cost for the training conference.
Continuing Education is not offered for the online training.
Note:This experience is best viewed on a desktop device.