Governor John Bel Edwards, Dr. Rebekah Gee, Secretary, Louisiana Department of Health, and Kristy Duffey, UnitedHealth Group Chief Clinical Officer and board member of the United Health Foundation, held a kick-off event and public announcement for the Louisiana Cancer Strategy initiative known as Taking Aim at Cancer in Louisiana on May 11, 2018.
Over 100 leaders from across the state attended the event, where several speaker presented information about cancer in Louisiana and shared best practices from other parts of the country. Breakout group discussions were held focusing on breast and colorectal cancer interventions. Click here for a recap of the agenda from the day and click here for a list of speakers and their biographies.
Kick-Off Event Resources
- Taking Aim at Cancer in Louisiana: Pre-Read Document
- Taking Aim at Cancer in Louisiana: Landscape Analysis and Collaboration Opportunity
- Cancer Strategy Event Break-out Group Discussion Questions
- Summary of Break-out Group Discussions
- Taking Aim at Cancer in Louisiana Kick-off Event Summary & Next Steps