Family Planning Services - Take Charge Plus
HOW TO ACCESS:
Family Planning Clinics
Office of Public Health-Family Planning Clinics
Any Medicaid provider who offers family planning services. For assistance with locating a provider, call 1-877-455-9955.
All Louisiana residents of child bearing age regardless of gender with an income at or below 138% of the Federal Poverty level. Pregnant women are excluded from this program.
Seven office visits including a well visit and care related to family planning
- Birth control (pills, implants, injections, condoms, and IUDs)
- Cervical cancer screening and treatment for most abnormal results
- Contraceptive counseling and education
- Prescriptions, and follow-up visits to treat STIs
- Treatment of major complications from certain family planning procedures
- Voluntary sterilization for males and females (over age 21)
- Vaccines for both males and females for the prevention of HPV
- Transportation to family planning appointments
Take Charge Plus is limited to family planning services and family planning related services. There are no enrollment fees, no premiums, co-payments or deductibles. All Medicaid providers including American Indian "638" Clinics, RHCs and FQHCs are reimbursed at established fee-for-service rates published in the Take Charge Plus fee schedule.