Long-Term Personal Care Services
(See EPSDT Personal Care Services - for children ages 0 to 21)
HOW TO ACCESS:
Louisiana Options in Long-Term Care
All Medicaid recipients age 65 or older, or age 21 with disabilities (meets Social Security Administration disability criteria), must meet the medical standards for admission to a nursing facility and additional targeting criteria, and be able to participate in his/her care and direct the services provided by the worker independently or through a responsible representative. Applicants must require at least limited assistance with at least one Activity of Daily Living.
- Basic personal care-toileting & grooming activities.
- Assistance with bladder and/or bowel requirements or problems.
- Assistance with eating and food preparation.
- Performance of incidental household chores, only for the recipient.
- Accompanying, not transporting, recipient to medical appointments.
- Grocery shopping, including personal hygiene items.
Recipients or the responsible representative must request the service.
This program is not a substitute for existing family and/or community supports, but is designed to supplement available supports to maintain the recipient in the community.
Once approved for the services, the selected PCS Agency must obtain Prior Authorization.
Amount of services approved will be based on assessment of assistance needed to perform daily living.
Provided by PCS agencies enrolled in Medicaid.
Office of Aging and Adult Services Helpline