LINKS - The basics
The benefits of LINKS
- Protects the privacy of all users, including children and families while combining vaccination information from different sources into a single, electronic vaccination record.
- Provides easy-to-access official immunization records for school, day care and camp entry requirements. To get information on accessing your vaccination records click here.
- Enables providers and parents to determine when immunizations are due. In addition to vaccination providers, schools and child care facilities also utilize LINKS to ensure children are up-to-date on their vaccinations.
- Helps to ensure that children get only the vaccinations recommended for their age.
- Collects population-level data that the Immunization Program uses to develop parish-level vaccination coverage maps that are made availabel to the public through our website - see latest maps .
- Assists immunization programs in identifying populations at high risk for vaccine-preventable diseases and targeting interventions and resources efficiently.
- In the event of vaccine preventable disease outbreaks, school and public health officials can quickly identify the immunization status of individuals to ensure their protection and the protection of others.
- Ensures vaccination providers ordering and administering federally funded vaccines are managaging thier vaccine inventories appropriately.
Your participation in LINKS
If you or your child receives a vaccination from a provider participating in LINKS, your vaccination information will automatically be entered into LINKS. An individual may request the removal of their information from LINKS at any time through written request of either the client or the client's custodial parent or legal guardian. These requests must include: 1) the current date; 2) client's full name; 3) client's date of birth; 4) client address; and 5) guardian's name, along with the signature of the client or client's custodial parent or legal guardian. Requests for removal must be mailed to:
Louisiana Office of Public Health Immunization Program, 1450 Poydras Street, Suite 1938, New Orleans, LA 70112
Requests for removal will process within 7 to 10 business days of receipt. Future immunization information should not be entered back in to LINKS by vaccine providers. However, it is important that you inform your health care providers about your request to be removed from LINKS. Your imunization data could be unintentionally entered back into LINKS if they are not aware of your desirted non-participation in LINKS.