Password Policy Requirements
- Keep your password confidential
- Do not keep your password on paper or in a plain text format
- Create a password that is at least 8 characters in length
- Create a password that contains at least one character from these 3 categories:
- English upper case characters (A-Z)
- English lower case characters (a-z)
- Base 10 digits (0-9)
- Choose a password that is different from your 5 previous passwords
- Change your password at least once every 90 days
- Log off or lock your computer with password protection when you leave your desk
- Do not use your first or last name as part of your password
- Do not use your user ID as part of your password
- Do not share your login information with anyone
- Do not use the same password for your LDH account as for non-LDH accounts
- You are only permitted to change your password once within 24 hours
If you continue to have problems changing your password, contact the Office of Technology (OTS) help desk: 25-219-6900, option 1, then option 4.
Health Standards Section cannot reset, provide, or update your SIMS password.
To contact Health Standards SIMS Support, click here.