Community Choices Waiver
Beginning October 1, 2011 a new program is replacing the Elderly and Disabled Adult (EDA) Waiver. The new program is called Community Choices Waiver. All of the services that are in the EDA Waiver are in the Community Choices Waiver. Plus the new waiver has several new services.
PARTICIPANTS: You can still get the same type of services you have now or you can replace some of those services with the new services. Many of the new services are meant to help you be safer and more independent in your home. We are still working to get providers for some of the new services, so some of them may not be available to you in your area right now. Your support coordinator will tell you more about this change.
PROVIDERS: This does not affect the services you currently provide to EDA Waiver recipients. You will not be required to re-enroll to continue to provide the same services.
Click on the documents below for more information about this change.
- Community Choices Waiver Fact Sheet
- Log of Weekly Services/Supports and Daily Progress Notes for Community Choices Waiver PAS - Fillable
- Community Choices Waiver Billing Codes-Rates
- Community Choices Waiver Expedited Waiver Slot Regulation - La. Admin. Code tit. 50, Part XXI, § 8105
- OAAS Rights and Responsibilities Community Based Waiver Services
- Release of Confidentiality for Community Choices Waiver Shared Personal Assistance Services
- Individual Responsibility Agreement (IRA)
- Community Choices Waiver Self Direction Manual
- 09-28-11 Memo: Revised Log of Weekly Services/Supports & Daily Progress Notes to PAS Providers
- 08-29-11 Participant Notice RE Community Choices Waiver
- 08-22-11 Provider Notice RE Community Choices Waiver
If you are a Community Choices Support Coordinator, you may click on the links below to access forms and information.
If you are a Home Health Agency, you may click on the links below to access forms and information.