HCBS Provider: Branch or Satellite Application Denial
The department at its sole discretion, and taking into consideration resources of the department, may approve branch or satellite locations for HCBS providers. In addition, a branch or satellite shall not be approved if any of the following conditions exist:
1. the parent agency was cited with more than five deficiencies on its last annual survey or on a complaint survey within the last 12 months;
2. the parent agency was cited with a deficiency resulting in immediate jeopardy or actual harm to a client on its last annual survey or on a complaint survey within the last 12 months;
3. the parent agency has a provisional license;
4. the parent agency is under license revocation;
5. the parent agency is undergoing a change of ownership; or
6. adverse action, including license revocation, denial or suspension, has been taken against the license of other agencies operated by the owner of the parent agency.
Please refer to the HCBS Providers Minimum Licensing Standards for service module definitions, general provisions, operational requirements and branch/satellite requirements. A link to the regulation and HCBS program desk contacts are located on the HCBS home page.