Procedure for Public Records Request (PRR)
Public Record Requests can be made using one of the following:
- LDH Records Center. Create an account or log in if you have an account. Choose "Submit a Records Request". Choose Health Standards Request. or
- Mail the public records request to: Louisiana Department of Health, Health Standards Section, Attn: Public Records Requests, PO Box 3767, Baton Rouge, LA 70821 or
- Fax your written Public Records Request to: 225-342-0157, Attn: Public Records Requests. Upon receipt, the faxed document will be forwarded to the appropriate HSS personnel for processing.
For a survey/complaint public records request, the request must include the following:
- Name of the facility
- Date of the survey/investigation
- Complaint number, if applicable
- Name of the resident/client/patient, if applicable
- List of documents requested
- Contact name, address, and telephone number of person requesting documents
For a Facility Need Review public records request, the request must include:
- Licensed program type and/or services
- Date range of approved licensed program facility need review license application
Not all requested records are publicly releasable.
Some additional information or documentation may be required of the person making this request prior to the release of these documents. In such cases, a representative from LDH legal will contact or forward the appropriate forms to the person making this request in an attempt to obtain the information required.
Upon approval from LDH legal, an invoice will be forwarded to the requestor regarding payment for these documents. Upon receipt of payment the documents will be mailed to the address provided. Payment must be made in the form of a check from an established checking account or money order payable to the Department of Health.