How Prevalent is Opioid Abuse?
Opioid abuse is a problem in Louisiana where almost all indicators … addiction to opioid medications, overdose deaths, emergency room admissions and over-prescribing … are evidence of the problem.
Through its passage of Act 88, the Louisiana Legislature established the Advisory Council on Heroin and Opioid Prevention and Education (HOPE Council) to combat heroin and opioid use and abuse.
- COVID-19: Resources for Opioid Treatment Providers
- Louisiana’s Comprehensive Opioid Abuse Program (COAP) Action Plan
- Louisiana's Opioid Response Plan 2019
- Expert Panel Recommendation to Address Opioid Epidemic
- Anti-Opioid Voluntary Pledge
- Naloxone Standing Order
- Louisiana Opioid Commission
- NIH National Institute on Drug Abuse: Opioid Pain Management CMEs and CEs
- SAMHSA’s Opioid Prescribing Courses for Health Care Providers
- Free CMEs