An educational event for healthcare providers, the Community Opioid Symposium is designed to meet the educational needs for physicians, nurses, social workers and other healthcare professionals whocan benefit from opioid education.
The goal of this symposium is to give healthcare providers additional knowledge about the epidemic and to increase their knowledge on how they can help manage the crisis.
Topics will include:
• An overview of Louisiana’s opioid epidemic
• Effects of opioids on the brain
• The psychologist’s role in the opioid epidemic
• Understanding the addiction
• Best practices or screening tools psychologists advise for physicians
• Signs of opioid misuse and abuse, and how to identify them
• Alternatives for opioids
• Treating patients in recovery
Seating is limited at this event, be sure to register early!
This educational activity has been submitted for CME, Nursing, LPC, and SW CEU credits.
Hosts of this event are the Louisiana Department of Health and Woman's Foundation Inc.