The Statewide Incident Management System (SIMS) is a web-based critical incident reporting application for the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH). SIMS provides state agencies, health care providers, and Home & Community Based Services (HCBS) support coordinators an online method for submitting state and federally required reports of alleged neglect, abuse, injuries of unknown origin, misappropriation of client property and critical incidents.
This new critical incident system will allow providers serving LDH’s waiver participants better access to and sharing of important health and safety information that is critical to safeguarding our participants’ health and well-being in the community.
Provider SIMS Enrollment
Signing Up for SIMS is Simple!
1. Complete, sign, and scan the
2. Review the SIMS New User Signup Guide. Complete the Attach the SIMS User Attestation Form before clicking the submit button
If you have any issues completing the steps above, email SIMSWaiver@la.gov.
3. An email confirming the SIMS username etc. will arrive within days of the submission of the form. Follow the link and login using the newly created account details and user enrollment is complete
If you are having issues with logging in, and with first time logging in, please contact the Office of Technology Services helpdesk at 225-219-6900
Press '1' for password reset + '4' for the Department of Health.
Prior to accessing SIMS, it is important to properly configure your computer to work with the website. There are two primary configuration steps:
- Start by adding this site to your list of trusted sites.
- Be sure to enable pop-ups in your browser.
Click here for the complete documentation on SIMS computer configuration.
Security and Password Assignment
- Each person that enters incidents into SIMS must have a unique username and password. It is a violation of HIPAA policy to login to SIMS under another person’s username
Your username for SIMS is dhh\username. The password is case sensitive.
- Password Rules
- New passwords must include 6 letters + 1 number. Passwords must not include special characters
- Passwords expire every 90 days. Upon login, users are prompted to change passwords
- Users cannot reuse the last 3 passwords
- User account lockout will occur after 3 incorrect passwords attempts
- User accounts are disabled after 180 days of inactivity
- It is the responsibility of each SCA or DSP to notify the appropriate Human Services District/Authority or Regional Office of all newly hired and separated employees
SIMS Training Resources
Please take the time to review the SIMS Training Manual, which corresponds with the pages mentioned in the videos below
Direct Service Providers (DSP)
If you work directly with clients use the videos listed below as a training guide to the new incident management system
Support Coordination Agencies and Employees
If you serve in a support coordination role either as a Support Coordinator or a Support Coordination Supervisors use the videos listed below as a training guide to the new incident management system
Other Louisiana Department of Health SIMS Resources:Click here for Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities SIMS Resources