Crisis Response Resources
In response to tragic events that occur in our community, in order to help address the trauma experienced as a result, the following resources may be useful.
To access services:
- For local public behavioral health services, please contact your regional human service district or authority found here: http://www.ldh.la.gov/index.cfm/directory/category/321 .
Links to available resources:
- Community Violence: Reactions & Actions in Dangerous Times
- Coping with Grief after Community Violence
- Coping with Stress After a Traumatic Event
- Explaining the news to kids
- How to Talk with Children About Difficult News & Tragedies
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network Center: Catastrophic Mass Violence Resources