For Patients - MMS
Welcome to the Medical Monitoring Station. Please see below for information specific to patients of the facility.
Please observe the following rules during your stay:
- For the safety of the community, no visitors are allowed in the facility at any time.
- No photos or video should be taken while in the facility to protect patient privacy and abide by strict federal patient confidentiality laws (e.g. HIPAA).
- It is expected that patients will be respectful to the staff and other patient in the facility.
- Patients will remain in the facility until discharge criteria are met, unless it can be assured the patient can be safely transported to a location that will keep the patient isolated to prevent spread of the virus.
Patient Discharge Criteria:
- Resolution of fever >48 hours without use of fever-reducing medications
- Improvement in illness signs and symptoms (cough, SOB and oxygen requirement)
- Ability to take care for oneself or confirmed care coordinated for patient at discharge.
- Mitigated transmission risks:
- 7 days since symptom onset and 3 days without symptoms OR
- Ability to self-quarantine OR
- Able to receive care by a person/place with access to personal protective equipment and safe care measures (or by someone already recovered from COVID-19)
- Ability to adhere to home isolation instructions and risk of transmission to persons with immunocompromising conditions in the home
Medical Monitoring Station personnel will develop an individual discharge/ transfer plan for each patient depending on the specific circumstances of that patient and their ability to secure transportation.