For Families - MMS
For your health and the health of the community, no visitors are allowed at any Louisiana COVID-19 Response Station.
The Medical Monitoring Station at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center now has a specially designated family assistance phone line. All calls will be routed to a trained staff member to assist with connecting you to your loved one. In accordance with HIPAA privacy laws please understand no personal information on behalf of any patients will be disclosed over the phone by staff.
Medical Monitoring Station personnel will develop an individual discharge/ transfer plan for each patient depending on the specific circumstances of that patient and their ability to secure transportation.
Clinical Criteria for patients include:
- Patient is at his/her baseline oxygen saturation
- Improvement in illness signs and symptoms (cough, SOB, and oxygen requirement)
- Resolution of fever >72 hours without antipyretics
- Able to provide self-care or someone else is able to provide care during a 14 day from symptoms onset quarantine.
- Mitigated transmission risks
- Patient symptom free for 3 days and is at least 7 days since onset of symptoms OR
- Patient is improving and does not require oxygen, but is not symptoms free. Can provide self-quarantine for period no less than 14 days since the day of symptoms onset OR
- Able to receive care by a person/place with access to adequate PPE and safe care measures (or by someone already recovered from COVID)
- Ability to adhere to home isolation instructions and risk of transmission to persons with immunocompromising conditions in the home