Institutions of Higher Education (IHE) Reporting Guidance
The Louisiana Department of Health is partnering with Institutions of Higher Education (IHE) in Louisiana to implement a reporting system for COVID-19 among students and staff. This guidance is for the IHE reporting entities and provides detailed instructions for the reporting system and process.
Institutions of Higher Education COVID Reporting Guidance – An overview of the role of Institutions of Higher Learning in COVID reporting
Institutions of Higher Education COVID Reporting System Overview – This step-by-step user guide provides instructions on how to use the IHE COVID Reporting System.
IHE should follow CDC guidelines for COVID mitigation:
LDH worked closely with the Louisiana Board of Regents and institutions of higher education in developing this reporting process. Sharing facility-level information is not standard public health practice, but we made an exception here at the request of the Board of Regents.
- Hand washing: Wash hands often, especially before eating, after using the restroom or after sneezing, coughing or blowing your nose. Practice proper hand washing:
- Wet the hands.
- Lather hands with soap on both sides, including the fingers and nails.
- Scrub for 20 seconds. Sing the happy birthday song twice to make sure you’ve scrubbed long enough.
- Rinse with water.
- Dry hands using a clean towel or air dry.
- Hand sanitizing: Apply gel to the palm of one hand. Rub hands together, then over all surfaces of hands and fingers until dry (about 20 seconds).
- Wearing masks: Talk to your children about the importance of wearing masks. Practice putting on a taking off a mask without touching the front of the mask. Masks should be worn on the way to and from school when riding the bus, car pooling with people outside of your household, or walking in groups in which physical distancing is not possible. Label masks with your child’s name.
- Physical distancing: Try to keep at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and other people.
- Stay home if you are sick.