ASC Initial Licensing Application
Louisiana has a licensing law for ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs) (La. R.S. 40:2131-2141) for those facilities requesting to be licensed as such. The law specifically excludes hospitals, nursing homes, abortion clinics and any facilities used for or relating to abortion procedures. The Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals, Health Standards Section issues Ambulatory Surgical Center licenses. Once a license has been issued it shall be valid until its expiration date, unless otherwise revoked, suspended, or terminated.
To submit electronically: ASC Initial Licensing Application and License Renewals
To submit via e-mail/mail:
- License Application Checklist
- Licensing Application Form
- Applicable licensing fees ($600)
- HSS Payment Procedure web page
- This fee is not refundable in the event the facility fails to meet the licensing requirements and HSS determines that a license could not be issued.
- A Letter of Intent must accompany each licensing application describing the DBA name of the facility to be licensed, the geographic address of the ASC requesting to be licensed, the anticipated date of completion of the ASC or the anticipated date by which the facility would be ready for licensing, and the types of surgical specialties to be provided in the ASC.
- Notification to Health Standards Section that application has been filed with the La. Board of Pharmacy for the ASC’s Controlled Dangerous Substance (CDS) license.
An on-site announced licensing survey will only be scheduled and conducted by HSS after completion of above.
Louisiana Office of State Fire Marshall (Scheduling): click here
Louisiana Office of State Fire Marshall (Log-in Page): click here
Office of Public Health (Scheduling): click here