Indoor Environmental Quality Education Service (IEQES)
SEET provides telephone consultations for mold and other indoor environmental quality concerns. Printed information is also available upon request. The section does not provide inspections of homes or buildings, nor conduct mold remediation services. We can, however, provide guidance on how to select private environmental consultants but can not recommend specific contractors.
To find the name of a contractor in your area who is licensed to perform mold remediation, contact the Louisiana State Licensing Board at (800) 256-1392 or (225) 765-2301 or visit their website: www.lslbc.louisiana.gov/contractor-search/.
For information on issues involving outdoor air, call the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality's Outdoor Air Quality Assessment Office at (225) 219-3488.
Click Here for Frequently Asked Questions about Mold.
Indoor Environmental Events of Interest
Indoor Environmental Quality Education Service (IEQES) Resources:
- American Indoor Air Quality Council
- American Industrial Hygiene Association
- American Lung Association
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc.
- California Indoor Air Quality Program
- EPA Air Quality Guide for Particle Pollution
- EPA Tools for Schools
- Louisiana's Top 10 Indoor Air Quality Interventions for Schools
- Healthy Indoor Air for America’s Homes
- National Safety Council’s Environmental Health Center Indoor Air Program
- National Ag Safety Database: Questions About Indoor Air Quality?
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Indoor Air Quality Publications
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Indoor Air Quality
- EPA: Mold in Schools factsheet
- EPA Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings
- New York City Department of Health Guidelines on Assessment and Remediation of Fungi in Indoor Environments
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration: “A Brief Guide to Mold in the Workplace”
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - Mold
Flooding Cleanup Resources:
- American Red Cross / Federal Emergency Management Agency: "Disaster Cleanup & Repair for Your Home
- Louisiana State Licensing Board For Contractors: “Find a Contractor For Mold Remediation”
- LSU Ag Center: Flood Risk Maps
- US Environmental Protection Agency: "Flood Cleanup: Avoiding Indoor Air Quality Problems"
- US Environmental Protection Agency: "Mold in Your Home"
- FEMA: ABC’s of Returning to Flooded Homes
- UConn Health-Hurricanes and Mold
Formaldehyde and Trailer Information:
- Radon FAQs (LDEQ)
- Protect Yor Family from Radon
- Test Your Home for Radon
- EPA: Radon
- Testing Radon in Homes with Chemical Vapor Intrusion (ATSDR)
- American Lung Association
- National Association of Counties (NACo)
- National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
- National Radon Safety Board
- Home Radon test kits