STATE OFFICES REOPEN IN CALCASIEU, BEAUREGARD SEPT. 24CAMERON REMAINS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Commissioner of Administration Jay Dardenne is announcing that state offices in Beauregard and Calcasieu parishes will reopen Thursday, Sept. 24. Cameron Parish remains closed until further notice in the aftermath of Hurricane Laura.
All agency heads are responsible for determining those essential personnel who should remain on duty, report for duty or those who should report to alternate work sites as necessary. Officials continue to monitor conditions throughout the state, and this announcement may be updated.
This office closure applies to all nonessential employees, including those authorized to work from home due to COVID-19.
State employees should be aware of the following phone numbers to call, in time of emergency, which will be updated: 1.800.360.9660 or 225.342.0498
Behavioral Health Immediate Resources - With the recent events of tropical weather systems such as Hurricane Laura and the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), you may be feeling overwhelmed with feelings like fear and anxiety. We are here to help you. These resources provide trained and compassionate individuals to support you during this time. These individuals will provide information and help to link you to mental health and substance use services.
Storm Guidance During COVID-19
- Post-Storm Safety Tips
- Are You Storm Ready?
- Floodwater Caution
- Natural Disasters, Severe Weather, and COVID-19
- LDH Blog: Danger remains even after the storm has passed
- LDH Blog: Emotional and psychological disaster preparedness
- Hurricanes and COVID-19
- Going to a Public Disaster Shelter During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Natural Disasters & COVID-19: Resources for Professionals & Emergency Workers
- Tropical Storm Laura and Hurricane Marco Resources
- Where Do I Go for Behavioral Health Support?
- Governor's Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness
- Restore Louisiana Information
- Flood and Mold Information & Resources
- Disaster Food Stamps (DSNAP)
- Disaster Assistance - FEMA
- Parish Emergency Preparedness Numbers
- Drinking Water Watch
- Animal Health
- Pets + Disasters
- LSU AgCenter
- PLEDGE to Prepare Louisiana
- Online Trainings