Medicaid Waiver Services
The State of Louisiana offers two Medicaid Waiver Programs to individuals with developmental disabilities. These programs are called Children's Choice and the New Opportunities Waiver (NOW). Some of the services included in these programs are: case management, personal care respite support, environmental modifications, equipment, and Medicaid. Services are based upon the child's disability, not parental income.
Flexible Family Funding is a small monthly supplement for school aged children with severe or profound disabilities who qualify for Special Education through the school system and have an Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
To apply, please visit the Human Services District/Authority near you listed here.
Louisiana has changed Medicaid and LaCHIP to serve you better. The new program is called HEALTHY LOUISIANA. In this Program, you choose a Health Plan and Medicaid provider.
- Customer Service: 1-888-342-6207
- Enrollment Services: 1-855-229-6848
ADDITIONAL MEDICAID SERVICES
The following benefits are available to all Medicaid eligible children and youth under the age of 21 who have a medical need:
- Mental Health and Rehabilitation Services
- Psychological and Behavioral Services
- EPSDT/ KIDMED Exams and Checkups
- Extended Skilled Nursing Services
- Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Audiology Services and Psychological Evaluation and Treatment
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
For more information, call KIDMED at 1-877-455-9955.