Bayou Health Evaluation Score Sheets - 2014
The following information is listed for historical purposes only. It will not be updated.
LDH used a consensus scoring process to extensively evaluate all proposals. Eight teams separately reviewed each proposal to examine a specific aspect of that proposer's ability to provide services for Medicaid recipients:
- Team 1: Financial Requirements
- Team 2: Qualifications and Experience; Organizational Structure; Program Integrity
- Team 3: Provider Network and Development; Provider Management; Non-Emergency Medical Transportation; Added Value to Providers
- Team 4: Member Assessment and Care Coordination; Coordination of Carved out Services; Case Management; Member Transition; EPSDT; Utilization Management; Chronic Care Management; Added Value to Employees
- Team 5: Pharmacy
- Team 6: Customer Service; Member Grievances and Appeals; Marketing and Member Education Materials
- Team 7: Quality Management; Added Value to Members
- Team 8: Information Systems; Claims Management
The teams met independently to score their specific areas, and then LDH contract support staff combined the eight teams' scores to determine each proposal's total score.