The Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) created the ESF-8 Portal as a gateway to a suite of applications which are used to gather Emergency Status information on facilities licensed by the Department.
THE "ESF-8 Portal" AND ITS APPLICATIONS ARE NOT TO BE USED TO REQUEST IMMEDIATE EMERGENCY SUPPORT OR ASSISTANCE! REQUEST FOR EMERGENCY RESOURCES SHOULD BE ROUTED THROUGH YOUR PLANNED CHANNELS STARTING WITH LOCAL EMERGENCY RESOURCES! ESF-8 Portal and its Applications are not continuously monitored.
DUE BY JUNE 12, 2020- EP Supplemental Information needed by NHs that are required to submit information as per Act 540:
- MEMO May 27, 2020 Supplemental Information to Required Emergency Preparedness Plan
- EP Supplemental Information form
Click here for MSTAT Training for NH providers conducted on June 6, 2022
All Nursing Homes are to enter, maintain and update the following ESF -8 Applications and provide information as required or as requested:
Security Management - To be kept current and updated as needed or as requested;
- The contact information entered in this application will be used to send communications related to emergency situations or ESF-8 functions and applications. The facility is required to keep the facility contacts current;
Mstat - To be kept current and updated as requested or as required;
- Statuses for Operation, Evacuation, Power, Fuel, and Utility - to be kept current;
- Census - The facilities census information shall be updated monthly (between 1st & 15th) and as requested;
- Generator(s) information - To be kept current and updated as needed or as requested;
- Transportation information - To be kept current and updated as needed or as requested;
- Evacuation Destination(s) information - To be kept current and updated as needed or as requested;
- Utility Providers information - To be kept current and updated as needed or as requested; and,
- Patient/Resident List information - To be entered as requested or submitted as requested.
The following information will be needed to complete your ESF-8 applications updates:
Emergency Contacts (persons in security management) - Names, Types/Positions, Phone and Email information;
Utility Providers- Name and account # for Electricity, Water, Natural Gas providers;
Evacuation Host Sites - Names, Addresses, Contact information, Agreement dates;
Emergency Transportation Providers- Names, Addresses, Contact information, Agreement dates;
Census Information - the current facility census, total number of residents including those on leave or at hospital, triaged by "Red, Yellow, Green" transportation needs;
Facility Generator(s) - Make/Model, Output in Kilowatts, Phase (single or three), Voltage, Burn Rate, Services supplied, Fuel type, Fuel Tank information;
Click on the Mstat logo to go to the ESF-8 log in page.
Resources / Links:
Reoccupy / Return to Facility after Evacuation - Forms & Information: Requirements of All Three documents need to be met.
- La Dept. Health - Health Standards: Reoccupy / Reopen Requirements Memo (7-2016)
- LA Dept. Health - Office Public Health, Sanitarian Services Reopening Request Form
- Office Louisiana State Fire Marshal: Requirements for Return / Reoccupy Facility (9-2020)
Nursing Home Emergency Preparedness Rule - Revised 11/2016
2022 Emergency Preparedness Plan Survey - Print and Complete - Revised 12/14/2021
2022 Emergency Preparedness Plan Survey - Type IN then Print - Revised 12/14/2021
Louisiana Model Nursing Home Emergency Plan - GOHSEP Planning