Adult Residential Care Provider Emergency Preparedness
The Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) created the ESF-8 Portal as a gateway to a suite of applications which are used to gather Emergency Status information on facilities licensed by the Department.
THE "ESF-8 Portal" AND ITS APPLICATIONS ARE NOT TO BE USED TO REQUEST IMMEDIATE EMERGENCY SUPPORT OR ASSISTANCE! REQUEST FOR EMERGENCY RESOURCES SHOULD BE ROUTED THROUGH YOUR PLANNED CHANNELS STARTING WITH LOCAL EMERGENCY RESOURCES! ESF-8 Portal and its Applications are not continuously monitored.
All Levels 1-4 of Adult Residential Care Providers are to enter, maintain and update the following ESF -8 Applications and provide information as required or as requested:
Security Management - To be kept current and updated as needed or as requested;
- The contact information entered in this application will be used to send communications related to emergency situations or ESF-8 functions and applications. The facility is required to keep the facility contacts current;
Mstat - To be kept current and updated as requested or as required;
- Statuses for Operation, Evacuation, Power, Fuel, and Utility - to be kept current;
- Census - The facilities census information shall be updated as requested;
- Generator(s) information - To be kept current and updated as needed or as requested;
- Transportation information - To be kept current and updated as needed or as requested;
- Evacuation Destination(s) information - To be kept current and updated as needed or as requested;
- Utility Providers information - To be kept current and updated as needed or as requested; and,
- Patient/Resident List information - To be entered as requested or submitted as requested.
The following information will be needed to complete your ESF-8 applications updates:
Emergency Contacts (persons in security management) - Names, Types/Positions, Phone and Email information;
Utility Providers- Name and account # for Electricity, Water, Natural Gas providers;
Evacuation Host Sites - Names, Addresses, Contact information, Agreement dates;
Emergency Transportation Providers- Names, Addresses, Contact information, Agreement dates;
Census Information - the current facility census, total number of residents including those on leave or at hospital, triaged by "Red, Yellow, Green" transportation needs;
Facility Generator(s) - Make/Model, Output in Kilowatts, Phase (single or three), Voltage, Burn Rate, Services supplied, Fuel type, Fuel Tank information;
Click the Mstst logo below to go to the log in page for the ESF-8 Portal.
Resources / Links:
Re-Occupy/Return to a facility after Evacuation Forms & Information: Requirements of ALL Three documents will need to be met
- LA Dept. Health - Health Standards: Reoccupy / reopen requirements Memo (7-2016)
- LA Dept. Health - Office of public health, Sanitarian services Reopening request form
- Office Louisiana state fire marshal: requirements for return & reoccupy facility (9-2015)
Contacts: General Information, Username & Password, Tech Support:
Malcolm Tietje: Phone: 225-342-2390 or Fax: 225-342-5073 or Malcolm.Tietje@la.gov
Mary Sept: Phone: 225-342-3240 or Fax: 225-342-5073 or Mary.Sept@la.gov