Abortion facilities are licensed by the Louisiana Department of Health, Health Standards Section (HSS).
As defined in La. R.S. 2175.3, an “abortion” means any surgical procedure performed after pregnancy has been medically verified with the intent to cause the termination of the pregnancy other than for the purpose of producing a live birth, removing an ectopic pregnancy or removing a dead fetus caused by a spontaneous abortion.
Abortion Facility law is found in La. R.S. 2175.1 – 2175.6.
- Fees: Payment Procedure
- Louisiana Register Vol. 44, No. 12 December 20, 2018- Chapter 41 Expedited Licensing Process for Healthcare Facilities and Providers Licensed by the Department of Health
- State Regulations Minimum Licensing Standards LAC 48:1 Chapter 44
- Emergency Rule – Abortion Facilities (LAC 48:1.Chapter 44), Louisiana Register April 20, 2022
- NOI – Abortion Facilities (LAC 48:I.Chapter 44), Louisiana Register March 20, 2022. Here’s a link to the Register: https://www.doa.la.gov/media/04fpqj0c/2203.pdf and the content is located on pages 550-553.
- Initial Licensure Requirements
- License Renewal
- Change of Address, Key Personnel, or Name
- Change of Ownership
- 2019 Legislation Links:
- Notice to Licensed Outpatient Abortion Facilities- Update: Act 620 of the 2014 Regular Session
- Developing an All Hazards Risk Assessment and Emergency Plan
- Criminal Background Check Information
- Office of State Fire Marshal- Click here to access the OSFM portal
- Individual Complication Report for Post-Abortion Care
- Induced Termination of Pregnancy (ITOP) Report
PROGRAM MANAGER CONTACT INFORMATION: