EarlySteps (Infant & Toddler Early Intervention Services)
HOW TO ACCESS:
Contact the Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities or call 1-866-783-5553 or 1-866-earlystep (for families).
1. Children ages birth to three who have a developmental delay of at least 1.5 SD (standard deviations) below the mean in two areas of development listed below:
a. cognitive development
b. physical development (vision & hearing)
c. communication development, social or emotional development
d. adaptive skills development (also known as self-help or daily living skills)
2. Children with a diagnosed medical condition with a high probability of resulting in developmental delay.
Medicaid Covered Services
- Family Support Coordination (Service Coordination)
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech/Language Therapy
EarlySteps also provides the following services, not covered by Medicaid:
- Nursing Services/Health Services (Only to enable an eligible child/family to benefit from the other EarlySteps services).
- Medical Services for diagnostic and evaluation purposes only.
- Special Instruction
- Vision Services
- Assistive Technology devices and services
- Social Work
- Counseling Services/Family Training
- Sign language and cued language services.
All services are provided through a plan of care called the Individualized Family Service Plan. Early Intervention is provided through EarlySteps in conformance with Part C of the Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA).