Family Planning Services - Take Charge Plus
HOW TO ACCESS:
Any Medicaid provider who offers family planning services. For assistance with locating a provider, call 1-877-455-9955.
All Louisiana residents of child bearing age regardless of gender with an income at or below 138% of the Federal Poverty level. Pregnant women are excluded from this program.
Family planning related services and care related to:
- Birth control (pills, implants, injections, condoms, and IUDs)
- Cervical cancer screening and treatment for most abnormal results
- Contraceptive counseling and education
- Prescriptions, and follow-up visits to treat STIs
- Treatment of major complications from certain family planning procedures
- Voluntary sterilization for males and females (over age 21)
- Vaccines for both males and females for the prevention of HPV
- Transportation to family planning appointments
Take Charge Plus is limited to family planning services and family planning related services. There are no enrollment fees, no premiums, co-payments or deductibles. All Medicaid providers including American Indian "638" Clinics, RHCs and FQHCs are reimbursed at established fee-for-service rates published in the Take Charge Plus fee schedule.
** Please Note: The contact person and number provided should not be utilized for making appointments. Members that are enrolled with one of the Healthy Louisiana plans should contact My Healthy Louisiana via the information below:
Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Call 1-855-229-6848.
For hearing impaired (TTY) please call
P.O. Box 1097
Atlanta, GA 30301-9913
Please utilize the above contact for questions related to Fee For Service coverage.