The Healthcare-Associated Infections and Antibiotic Resistance Program in conjunction with the Louisiana Public Health Laboratory will host the first of four webinars titled Laboratory Coordination for Public Health Reporting on Wednesday, December 12th from 12 noon until 1:00 p.m. See details below for registration with GoTo Webinar:
Please register for Laboratory Coordination for Public Health Reporting Webinar Series: Part 1 on Dec 12, 2018 12:00 PM CST at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5646320257590605826. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Objectives for the webinar are as follows:
- Identify which organisms need to be reported to Infectious Disease Epidemiology Section and sent to the Louisiana Public Health Laboratory.
- Describe appropriate packaging and forms necessary for isolate submission.
- Describe methods used for antibiotic sensitivity testing at the Louisiana Public Health Laboratory.
- Differentiate the purpose of facility diagnostics from national/state surveillance.
- Understand the public health importance of national/state MDRO surveillance.