Medicaid Applicant and Enrollee Update: Letters asking for proof of income
February 14, 2019
If you receive a letter from Medicaid requesting more information or asking you to verify your income, please be sure to respond to Medicaid as soon as possible. If you do not, your case may be closed and you may lose your Medicaid coverage – even if you are still eligible.
That proof may be sent by mail, fax or e-mail. You cannot submit proof of income through the portal at this time.
Below are the contacts where you can send your proof of income. They can also be found on your letter.
- MAIL: Louisiana Medicaid/LaCHIP, P.O. Box 91283, Baton Rouge, LA 70821-9278
- FAX: 1-877-523-2987
- E-MAIL: MyMedicaid@la.gov
Medicaid can accept the following items for proof of income:
- Check stubs/employer’s statement
- Proof of income and expenses from self-employment
- If self-employed, send copies of most recent federal tax return with all schedule attachments OR proof of income and expenses.
- Send proof of gross income, not take-home income.
If no longer employed, send proof such as pink slip or notice of termination.