EMTS Change in Service Area
Expansion of Service Areas
An ambulances service area is that territory which the ambulance provider renders services, has vehicles posted or domiciled, and is legally authorized by the local governing body(ies) to provide services.
- If an ambulance provider wishes to expand into additional service areas, he must notify the department at least 72 hours in advance.
- The provider shall also provide a copy of all necessary local permits and licenses or other legal clearances.
- Within 90 days of moving into a new territory, the ambulance service shall furnish the department with a copy of the necessary protocol approvals by the appropriate parish or component medical society in accordance with RS 40:1234E.1.
Withdrawal from a Service Area
- If an ambulance service withdraws from a territory, it must notify the department at least 30 days in advance.
- It must provide the department with evidence that it has notified the appropriate local authorities that it will no longer be providing ambulance service in the area.