LINKS - Immunization Information System
LINKS is a secure statewide immunization information system that allows doctors, nurses, and other health professionals to search for, add, and edit patients' vaccination records in a central location. LINKS does the following:
- Provides patients with a permanent immunization record to help reduce unnecessary immunizations and saves time when patients are requesting vaccination records.
- Serves as a clinical decision tool by instantly calculating which vaccines need to be given to patients in accordance with the latest ACIP vaccine recommendations and intervals.
- Serves as a vaccine supply management tool to account for costly VFC supplied vaccine.
- When requested, it automatically generates reminder and recall postcards and/or mailing labels to send out to parents to remind them when their child’s immunizations are due or have been missed.
- Decreases time spent by your office staff seeking immunization histories from previous providers. Lists can also be generated to expedite school enrollment and eliminate individual calls from school personnel.
- Protects the privacy of all users, including children, families, and providers. Only those who are authorized to do so have access to LINKS information.
- Allows clinics to achieve their Meaningful Use goals and incentives.
To enroll in LINKS contact the LINKS user services representative in your region:
Metro Region 1: Amanda Melancon, 504-599-0128, Amanda.Melancon@la.gov
Capitol Region 2: Cindy Aydell, 225-342-2046, Cindy.Aydell@la.gov
Region 3: Laurie Lapeyrouse, 985-447-0916 Ext. 350, Laurie.Lapeyrouse@la.gov
Acadian Region 4: Allen Franks, 337-262-5620, Allen.Franks@la.gov
Southwest Region 5: Shonna McCarthy-Lewis, 337-475-3245, Shonna.McCarthy-Lewis@la.gov
Central Region 6: Lavillian Jordan, 318-487-5264, Lavillian.Jordan@LA.gov
Northwest Region 7: Tara J. Black, 318-676-7926, Tara.Black@LA.gov
Northeast Region 8: Joy Jordan, 318-361-7217, Joy.Jordan@la.gov
Region 9: VACANT, 985-543-4857