Adult vaccinations are an essential part of keeping healthy, and reducing the risk of illness, disability, and death due to vaccine preventable diseases. Vaccines are available for adults to prevent serious diseases such as influenza (flu), pneumonia, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), herpes zoster (shingles), human papilloma virus, hepatitis A and B. Vaccines for adults are available from healthcare providers and pharmacist vaccinators in Louisiana. Uninsured and underinsured adults, ages 19 and over, are eligible for vaccination at parish health units.
Find out which vaccinations are recommended based on the answers you provide in the adult vaccination quiz. Click image below to access the quiz:
- Adult Vaccine Quiz
- CDC Information Fact Sheet – Genital HPV Infection
- CDC Information Fact Sheet – HPV and Men
- Recommended Adult Immunization Schedule for ages 19 years or older
- CDC webpage on resources for adults
- COVID-19 Back-to-the-Office Toolkit for providers (LA AAP toolkit includes adult-focused materials foused on the public)