Consumable Hemp Products
All consumable hemp products that fall within the purview of the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) must be registered with this office. This does not include incense products, candles, or soaps. Registrations may only be submitted by manufacturers or authorized third-party logistics providers. If you have questions about retail dealer permits, please contact the Office of Alcohol Tobacco and Control of the Louisiana Department of Revenue at 225-925-4041 or visit the agency’s website at www.atc.louisiana.gov/cbd.php. Use the below link on this page to submit your artwork for review.
Currently LDH is undergoing rulemaking in order to integrate ACT 336 into regulations. The process is expected to be completed sometime in early 2022. While we are in the rulemaking process, products covered under ACT 336 can still be registered by using our CBD online portal to register your products, following the directions on the page, and acknowledging understanding of the rules and statutes.
FREE CONSUMABLE HEMP WEBINAR SERIESThe Louisiana Department of Health held a free, one-hour Consumable Hemp Webinar on Thursday, November 4th at 10:00am CDT to help guide industry through the process of permitting and label registration. The recording of this webinar is posted at the bottom of this page. The next webinar, on the parts of a label and label requirements for registering products, will be held on December 9, 2021 at 10:00 AM CST. A link to participate will be posted shortly before the start time.
READY TO SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK FOR REVIEW?
Consumable Hemp Fast Facts
Click on any item in bold to get more detailed information.
- Consumable Hemp Plans Review Questionnaire
- Plumbing requirements (toilet count, grease interceptor)
- Product registration form
- Certificates of analysis (CoAs)
- Company representation
- Examples of impermissible medical claims or language
- Responsible party name
- Statements of identity
- Net quantity of contents
- Examples of acceptable dosage forms
- Acceptable forms of payment for fees
- FD-10 Application for a New Consumable Hemp Product Registration
- Find Your Inspector (for in-state firms requiring a permit)
- Plans Packet for Consumable Hemp Manufacturers
- Plans Packet for Consumable Hemp Storage/Distribution Facilities
- Act 336 of the 2021 Louisiana Legislature - the current statutory framework for consumable hemp products and the hemp industry in Louisiana
- Rules Addressing Hemp Product Registration and Inspection - pdf - NOTE: CURRENTLY UNDER REVISION AS OF OCTOBER 15, 2021
Our webinar on the basics of hemp permitting and registration from November 4, 2021