Consumable Hemp Products
All consumable hemp products that fall within the purview of the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) must be registered with this office. Registrations may only be submitted by manufacturers or authorized third-party logistics providers. If you have questions about retail dealer permits, please contact the Office of Alcohol Tobacco and Control of the Louisiana Department of Revenue at 225-925-4041 or visit the agency’s website at www.atc.louisiana.gov/cbd.php. Use the below link on this page to submit your artwork for review.
Currently LDH is undergoing regular rulemaking and has published an emergency rule in order to integrate ACT 498 into its regulations. The emergency rule is linked below.
READY TO SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK FOR REVIEW?
2022 Summary of Changes
- "Adult-use" hemp products - any item containing more than 0.5 mg THC - must be declared as "adult-use" (or similar language) on label
- For non-floral products, THC content per serving may not exceed 8 mg
- Retail packages need to bear labelling or markings clearly identifying a single serving
- Labels must indicate the quantity of THC per serving, serving size, and total servings per package
- Certificates of analysis must include phytocannabinoid content expressed as a percentage of the product mass
- Certificates of analysis must include total THC per serving, total number of servings, and total THC per package--all expressed in milligrams per gram or milligrams per milliliter
- Applications for new hemp product registration must include verification that the products are produced from hemp
- Products may be designated "Louisiana Hemp Products" and bear a Louisiana Hemp Product logo if and only if grown and produced in Louisiana and registered as such with the department
Consumable Hemp Fast Facts
Click on any item in bold to get more detailed information.
- Consumable Hemp Plans Review Questionnaire
- Plumbing requirements (toilet count, grease interceptor)
- Product registration form
- Certificates of analysis (CoAs)
- Company representation
- Examples of impermissible medical claims or language
- Responsible party name
- Statements of identity
- Net quantity of contents
- Examples of acceptable dosage forms
- Acceptable forms of payment for fees
- FD-10 Application for a New Consumable Hemp Product Registration
- Find Your Inspector (for in-state firms requiring a permit)
- Plans Packet for Consumable Hemp Manufacturers
- Plans Packet for Consumable Hemp Storage/Distribution Facilities
- Act 498 of the 2022 Louisiana Legislature - the current statutory framework for consumable hemp products and the hemp industry in Louisiana
FREE CONSUMABLE HEMP WEBINAR SERIESThe Louisiana Department of Health held a free, one-hour Consumable Hemp Webinar on Thursday, November 4th, 2021 at 10:00am CDT to help guide industry through the process of permitting and label registration. The second webinar, on the parts of a label and label requirements for registering products, was held on December 9, 2021 at 10:00 AM CST. A recording of both webinars is available below.
Our webinar on the basics of hemp permitting and registration from November 4, 2021
Our webinar on consumable hemp product registration from December 9, 2021
Searchable database of products registered