COVID-19 Vaccines Conversation Series
The Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) Office of Community Partnerships and Health Equity (OCPHE) has developed and implemented COVID-19 Vaccines, “A Conversation with” webinar series. OCPHE is devoted to increasing the citizens of Louisiana’s, particularly vulnerable communities, awareness and readiness of COVID-19, and vaccination participation. The webinar series has had over 2,500 registrants and 1200 attendees. The series focuses on sharing current factual information regarding COVID-19, vaccinations, and health disparities and inequities geared towards specific populations. The inaugural webinar in the series took place in January 2021and addressed African Americans and mistrust in the medical community and the use of a trauma-informed approach to vaccine distribution.
Each webinar was recorded and can be shared and revisited by the public. A one-page fact sheet accompanies each of the webinars. Along with the already available one-page fact sheets, our office is presently developing a toolkit to help community members create their own fact-based COVID-19 health promotion-educational events in their respective communities. The webinar series COVID-19 Vaccines “A Conversations with” will continue and has much more to come; stay tuned!
Links Previous Webinars:
- Covid-19 Vaccines: A Conversation with the Latino and Hispanic Community
- Covid-19 Vaccines: A Conversation with Healthcare Providers
- Covid-19 Vaccines: A Conversation with Behavioral Health Professionals
Past Webinars (links unavailble at this time):
- Covid-19 Vaccines: A Conversation with the African American Community
- Covid-19 Vaccines: A Conversation with Nurses
- Covid-19 Vaccines: A Conversation with the Faith-Based Community
- Covid-19 Vaccines: A Conversation with the Divine Nine