Pediatrician Provider Resources
As parents’ most trusted source of information on vaccines, pediatric healthcare professionals play a critical role in helping parents/guardians understand the importance of COVID-19 vaccination and assuring them that COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective. Currently, children 5 years and older are eligible for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, but we anticipate approval for other COVID-19 vaccines and younger children in the coming months.
Your strong recommendation is critical for vaccine acceptance. Tell parents/guardians how important COVID-19 vaccines are to protecting their children’s health.
Remind parents that after their family is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, they may start to do some things they had stopped doing because of the pandemic.
Even if you are not administering COVID-19 vaccines, you can help parents/guardians feel confident in choosing to get their children vaccinated against COVID-19 by addressing their questions and assuring them of the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines.
The materials in this toolkit will help you share clear and accurate information about COVID-19 vaccines when starting or continuing conversations with parents/guardians, as well as information for those who choose not to vaccinate their child.
Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine Consent and Screening Form for Individuals Under 18 Years of Age | Spanish | Vietnamese
COVID-19 Vaccine Pediatric Toolkit
- Safer Smarter Schools Campaign
- CDC Toolkit for Responding to COVID-19 Cases in Schools
- We Can Do This Campaign Pediatric Toolkit
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information for Children and Teens
- What to Expect After Receiving a COVID-19 Vaccine | Spanish | Vietnamese
- How mRNA Vaccine Work | Spanish | Vietnamese
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information for Preteens and Teens
- From Concern to Confidence: How Physicians Can Build Trust in COVID-19 Vaccines
- Language That Works to Improve Vaccine Acceptance
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine Preparation and Administration Summary
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine Standing Orders for Administering Vaccine to Persons 12 Years of Age and Older
- COVID-19 Vaccine Storage and Handling Quick Reference Guide
- Flip the Script: Asking about Race and Ethnicity in LINKS
- Bring Back Louisiana: Enjoy Summer Safely
- COVID-19 Vaccine Facts | Spanish | Vietnamese
- Getting Back to Normal is Going to Take All of Our Tools
- COVID-19 Vaccine Myth Vs. Facts for Adolescents
- Working Together to Fight COVID-19
Reporting Adverse Reactions
- 10 Thing Healthcare Providers Need to Know About the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)
- V-Safe Information Sheet
- V-Safe Poster